1. How We Collect Information
We may collect information about you by various means, including:
- Directly from you, both online (e.g., app, email) and offline (e.g., in stores);
- Through our websites, mobile app, key fob, and other connected devices and services;
- From other third party sources and social media platforms that you may use to engage with us, as well as from partners or third parties we work with, in order to supplement information we already possess; and
- By combining information from different sources, including online and offline data.
2. Types of Information We Collect
In order to better provide you with our Services, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Profile and subscription information, such as a username and password, your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, birthday , and usage and subscription preferences, which may include signing up to some of our Services or communications from us;
- Transactional information including payment information and shopping history if you make purchases through the Services;
- Loyalty and Rewards Program information, if you are enrolled in a Neon loyalty or rewards program, such as points accrued and used;
- Survey information in response to questions we may send you through the Services, including for feedback and research purposes;
- Communications between you and us, such as via email, web form, mail, phone, or other channels;
- Offline activity you engage in with us (e.g., phone, in-store); and
- Online User Activity described in the next section.
If you provide us with information regarding another individual, you represent that you have that person’s consent to give us his or her information and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
3. Online User Activity, Cookies, and Information Collected by Other Automated Means
We, our service providers and advertising partners may collect certain information about your device and use of our Services by automated means, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, software development kits (SDKs) and other similar technologies (“Online User Activity”). For example, a cookie is a file that may be placed on your device when using our Services to uniquely identify you or store information on your device for later retrieval. Cookies are very commonly used by websites and most browsers are configured by default to accept cookies. SDKs serve a similar function in an app.
Cookies and SDKs are commonly used to allow websites and apps to store and retrieve certain information on a user’s system, and track users’ online activities. We, our service providers, and our business partners, may collect information about your use of our websites and app by such automated means, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, and other similar technologies.
Cookies and these other technologies can help us automatically identify you when you return to our Services. Cookies help us review website traffic patterns and improve the website, and determine what Services are popular. We can also use such information to deliver customized content and advertising to users of the Services whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
When you use the Services, the information that we may collect by automated means includes, for example:
- Usage Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses);
- Device Information including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services (such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number); and
- Location information where you choose to provide us with information about your device’s location.
4. How We Use Information We Collect
We may use the information that we obtain about you for purposes allowed by applicable laws, including:
- Provide our Services to you (including account management, purchases, and our rewards program) and respond to your inquiries and other communications;
- Tailor the content that we display to you in our Services and communications, including advertising, and offer opportunities and information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our Services, including to diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Monitor the performance of our Services including metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns, as well as analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- Comply with and enforce as needed applicable legal requirements, industry standards, our policies, and our contractual rights.
We may also use or share information in an anonymized or aggregate manner for many purposes such as research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and advertising, as well as improvement of our Services.
5. Online Advertising
You may see us promoted by other organizations, on various websites, web pages, social media and other platforms. Please note that we do not always have complete information about where our organization may be displayed or promoted, and if you believe that Neon is featured in venues that are inappropriate or offensive, please contact us as directed below.
We may serve advertisements, and allow third parties to serve advertisements, through our Services. Advertisements served through our Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category, which may be inferred from information that you provide to us or, based on your website usage patterns, or based on your activity on other websites or online services as may be available to the ad networks.
6. How We Share Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- We may share your information as permitted by law, including, for example, with our corporate affiliates, and service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, or other professional function for us (examples include IT services, rewards program management, maintenance and hosting of our Services, payment processors, shipping and returns partners, marketing partners, and other service providers). We provide such vendors with information so that they can perform their required functions on our behalf.
- We may also disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss; (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; or (iv) under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff, users, or the public.
7. Your Privacy Choices
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
- Marketing Emails: From time to time, we may contact you via email or through other channels for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional information and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may be notified when you open an email from us or click on a link therein. You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails you receive from us. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we may continue sending you non-marketing email communications, such as administrative or transaction alerts, or information about changes to our terms of service.
- Cookies: Web browsers may offer users the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our Services may not function correctly.
8. Jurisdiction-Specific Notices
Certain jurisdictions may provide additional rights to individuals with respect to the collection and use of personal information that we have collected. For example, you may have the right to request that we: (i) disclose to you any personal information that we have about you; (ii) correct or delete personal information that we have about you (subject to certain exceptions); or (iii) not disclose or sell your information to a third party (excluding qualified service providers). You can submit such requests to us via the contact information provided below and we will aim complete the request to the extent required by law or as otherwise determined by us in our discretion.
9. Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
Our Services may contain links to other websites or apps. This can include social media integrations. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or apps, and we encourage you to be aware when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of any other website or app that collects personal information.
10. How We Protect Information
We endeavor to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information that we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information that you transmit to us, or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures in the event of any compromise of personal information. To the extent the law allows us to provide such notification via email or conspicuous posting on the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
The Services are intended for use only by persons over the age of 13. We do not seek to collect information about children under the age of 13 and aim to delete such information if discovered.
12. International Data Transfers and Use
14. Contacting Us